Our Emu Cabinet is a perfect center island in your craft room.
Place the wood cover (included) on top of the sewing machine well and use the top surface with a rotary mat as a cutting surface. The two side leaves provide ample space allowing you to spread out your project.
Rotate the cabinet 180-degrees and the Emu features 5 drawers and 4 shelves offering plenty of storage for all your sewing notions. When your projects are complete, close the doors, drop the leaves and place the cover over the sewing well and your cabinet will hide and tuck away your projects neatly and securely.
The sewing machine platform is height adjustable allowing you to adjust the height based on your sewing machine’s measurements.
The Emu rests on casters allowing you to move it from the center of your room to any wall. Once in place the casters lock down in place.
- Dimensions Closed: 36-1/2” wide x 31” deep (front to back) x 36” tall
- Dimensions Open: 71” wide x 31” deep (front to back) x 36” tall
- Small drawer (4 total): 11-3/4” wide x 7-7/16” deep x 3” tall
- Larger drawer (1 total): 11-3/4” wide x 7-7/16” deep x 8-3/16” tall
- Adjustable Shelf Storage Side: 17” wide x 10-1/2” deep
- Adjustable Shelf Lift Side (2 Total): 4” wide x 9-5/8” deep
- Emu has a 24″ wide x 12″ deep (front to back) opening for your sewing machine.
- Emu fits sewing machines no larger than:
- 23-1/2″ wide (left to right)
- 12-1/4″ deep (front to back)*
- 14″ tall*
*Please be sure your machine is smaller than these dimensions – measure your machine and include knobs, plugs, etc. that extend beyond the body of machine.
- Construction: Melamine/MDF/Composite
- Airlift Platform Weight Limit: 55 #s
- Custom Machine Insert Available
SEWING MACHINES THAT DO NOT FIT EMU
Sewing Machines that are too large and do not fit this cabinet:
- Dream V8500D.
Sewing Machines that will fit, but have special requirements:
Janome 15,000 and Elna 920 eXpressive
- These machines will fit the platform of the cabinet in flatbed position (a custom insert is available) but you will have to move the sewing machine from right to left to lower into the storage position because of the extension of the front support leg of the machine.
- Also the knee lifter lever cannot be used with a sewing cabinet due to the length of the lever and how machine sits on the platform in flatbed position.